Saturday 19 June 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cat Ballou, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1965 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Sabine Braun: German heptathlete.
- Luc Donckerwolke: Belgian car designer.
- Karen Davies: Wrexham, North Wales -- Golfer (1991 PING-Cellular One-6th).
- Sadie Frost: English actress.
- James B Collip: Canadian bio-chemist (insulin), dies at 72.
- KYW-AM in Cleveland Ohio returns call letters to Philadelphia
- Houari Boumédienne's Revolutionary Council ousts Ahmed Ben Bella, in a bloodless coup in Algeria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?