Tuesday 19 June 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Muppet Movie, directed by James Frawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1979 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Moonika Aava: Estonian javelin thrower.
- Jose Kleberson: Brazilian football player.
- Graeme Ballard: English sprinter.
- U Gambira: Burmese monk and activist.
- Quentin Jammer: American football player.
- José Kléberson: Brazilian footballer
- Vanessa Martinez: Movie Actress
- Soni Meduna: Omaha, Nebraska -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics)
- John Duddy: Northern Irish boxer
- Paul Popenoe: American founder of marriage counseling and scholar of eugenics (Born 1888).
- In New York 36,211 show up to witness return of Billy Martin as Yank mgr
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Rex Smith - You Take My Breath Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?