Friday 19 June 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erin Darling and Mohammed Al-Khuwalidi.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Medley by Stars On 45.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
Dragonslayer, directed by Matthew Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bellamy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asteroids Deluxe or Sabotage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1981 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Erin Darling: American teenager killed in a car accident 9/22/1998, 7:03 AM, Pembroke, MA.
- Mohammed Al-Khuwalidi: Saudi Arabian long jumper.
- Moss Burmester: New Zealand swimmer.
- Melissa McMorrow: American boxer.
- Quintin Geldenhuys: South African-born Italian rugby player.
- Boeing commercial Chinook 2-rotor helicopter is certified.
- Heaviest known orange (2.5kg) exhibited, Nelspruit, South Africa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Neil Diamond - America
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?