Tuesday 19 June 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Ratatouille, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2007 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- Ze'ev Schiff: French-Israeli journalist and author (d. 2007).
- A preliminary study by the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency indicates that China's greenhouse gas emissions have overtaken those of the United States for the first time, exceeding those of any other country. (NEAA)
- French prosecutors launch an investigation into alleged embezzlement by two African leaders, Omar Bongo Ondimba of Gabon and Denis Sassou Nguesso of the Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- Michael Bloomberg, mayor of New York City, leaves the Republican Party and registers as an independent. (New York Times)
- North Korea is reported to have test-fired a short-range missile towards the Sea of Japan. (BBC)
- Two armed robbers are holding several people hostage in a Crédit Lyonnais bank in Paris. (Sky)
- Cadbury Schweppes announces plans to axe around 7,800 jobs from its workforce, closing as many as ten manufacturing sites worldwide. (The Times)
- ''Iraq War:''
- The United States military launches Operation Arrowhead Ripper near Baqubah, Diyala province, with approximately 10,000 troops involved. (Reuters)
- The Al-Khilani Mosque is bombed, killing 78. (BBC)
- An early fossil proving that the giant panda was once a pygmy is found. (The Times)
- Fiji's interim government agrees in principle to elections in 2009, following a Pacific Islands Forum assessment, and calls for assistance from the European Union and Pacific nations like Australia for funding. (Bloomberg)
- A candidate in the forthcoming Papua New Guinea election is charged with attempted murder of Deputy Prime Minister Don Polye. (ABC News Australia)
- After Senegal's parliamentary elections, Macky Sall resigns as Prime Minister and President Abdoulaye Wade appoints former Deputy Minister for the Budget Cheikh Hadjibou Soumaré in his stead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?