Thursday 19 June 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2008 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Maddie Aldridge: American child of noted celebrity, Jamie Lynn Spears and her fiancé Casey Aldridge.
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez threatens to stop selling oil to European countries who apply new European Union legislation on illegal immigration. (Reuters)
- Iraqi security forces enter the city of Amarah, arrest its Sadrist mayor, and take control. (BBC News)
- An Alabama state judge upholds a fraud verdict against AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals in a Medicaid drug pricing suit but reduces the value of damages to $160 million. (AP via Forbes)
- Subprime mortgage crisis
- A Congressional ethics panel is examining allegations that Democrat Senators Christopher Dodd of Connecticut (the sponsor of a major $300 billion housing bailout bill) and Kent Conrad of North Dakota received preferential loans by troubled mortgage lender Countrywide Financial Corp. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Two former Bear Stearns hedge fund managers are arrested and will be the first Wall Street executives to face criminal charges. (Bloomberg)
- Royal Dutch Shell shuts down an offshore oil installation in Nigeria after an attack from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta. (AP via Google News)
- Zimbabwe police arrest an opposition Movement for Democratic Change lawmaker and place six others on a wanted list. (AFP)
- The bodies of four people who opposed Robert Mugabe have been found in Harare. (Sky News)
- Lee Myung-bak, the President of South Korea, apologises to South Koreans over an unpopular decision to resume importing beef from the United States. (Reuters)
- Commencing at dawn, the Israeli Government and Hamas declare a truce in the Israel-Gaza conflict, halting attacks across the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- A report reveals sailors onboard the submarine HMCS ''Chicoutimi'' during a 2004 fire may develop serious health problems as a result. (Canada.com)
- Four German and Spanish servicemen die when their EUFOR helicopter crashes in Bosnia and Herzegovina. (Deutsche Welle)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?