Tuesday 19 June 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Magic Mike, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CityVille 2 or Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2012 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- Arab Spring:
- post-Mubarak Egypt:
- Tens of thousands of people converge on Cairo's Tahrir Square to demonstrate against Egypt's military rulers, who have seized power following the ousting from power of Hosni Mubarak in last year's revolution. (BBC)
- Syrian uprising: A ship carrying military helicopters and missiles from Russia to Syria is halted and turned back off the coast of Scotland after its insurance coverage is cancelled. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Palestinian militants fire a barrage of rockets into southern Israel following an Israel Air Force strike that killed two Islamic Jihad gunmen IAF strikes at militant targets in Gaza have killed six Palestinians since yesterday. (Ynet News)
- Striking miners and riot police clash in northern Spain as Mariano Rajoy's austerity drive causes escalating violence. (BBC)
- Palestinian footballer Mahmoud Sarsak, on hunger strike over his detention without charge for three years in an Israeli jail, agrees to resume eating if released from captivity. (BBC)
- At least seven people and 15 members of the Turkish Army are killed in a Kurdistan Workers' Party ambush in the Yüksekova district near the border with Iraq and Iran. (BBC)
- Ryanair tries to buy Aer Lingus. (BBC)
- A United Nations investigator calls on the United States to justify its increasing use of drones against al-Qaeda and Taliban targets. (Reuters)
- Wikileaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange takes refuge in Ecuador's embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden on charges of sexual misconduct. (''USA Today'')
- 2012 G-20 Mexico summit: UK prime minister David Cameron confronts Argentine president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner over a letter she sent to him regarding the Falklands Islands. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualifies prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani from holding office after Gillani was found guilty in a contempt-of-court case on April 26. (Al Jazeera)
- A Saudi man is beheaded on charges of sorcery and witchcraft in Najran Province of Saudi Arabia. (BBC)
- Antonis Samaras, leader of the New Democracy party in Greece, continues to negotiate with political rivals to form a coalition government, as Greece struggles to overcome its economic crisis. (''The New York Times'')
- The debate surrounding goal-line technology resurfaces as co-hosts Ukraine are denied an apparent goal in controversial circumstances against England, with John Terry hooking the ball from behind the goal line after a shot by Marko Dević under the eyes of the fifth official beside the goal. Wayne Rooney's header in the second half carries England through at the Donbass Arena in Donetsk. (''Daily Mail'')
- Andriy Shevchenko announces his intention to retire from the national side after that defeat. (Yahoo!)
- Sweden sweep aside France with ease at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev, with goals from Zlatan Ibrahimović and Sebastian Larsson subjecting the French to their first defeat in 24 games. (Sky Sports)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?