Sunday 19 March 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Captain Starlight, or Gentleman of the Road, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1911 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Arnold Viiding: Estonian shot putter and discus thrower (d. 2006).
- Simone Renant: France Actor.
- Kenneth Robinson: Politician / businessman.
- International Women's Day is celebrated for the first time. First Women's Day celebration took place in 1911, ''The Times of India'', 7 March 2011.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
- Enrico Caruso - For You Alone
- I'm Looking for a Nice Young Fellow Who is Looking for a Nice Young Girl - American Quartet & Ada Jones
- The Dublin Rag - Ada Jones
- The Old Oaken Bucket - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1911 and get them!