Thursday 19 March 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Perils of Pauline, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1914 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- S?bastien Batlle: Llupia Military man.
- Leonidas Alaoglu: Canadian-American mathematician and theorist (d. 1981).
- Jay Berwanger: American football player and first recipient of the Heisman Trophy (Born 1914).
- Fred Clark: Actor (Zotz, Auntie Mame), dies of liver ailment at 54.
- Patricia Morison: Actress (Peyton Place, Dressed to Kill).
- J Jay: Berwanger first Heisman Trophy winner (1935).
- Jiang Qing: Mao Zedong's last wife. In the West, Jiang was known as Madame Mao. She went by the stage name Lán Píng during her acting career, and was known by various other names during her life. She married Mao in Yan'an in November 1938 and served as Communist China's first first lady. Jiang Qing was best known for playing a major role in the Cultural Revolution (1966–76) and for forming the radical political alliance known as the "Gang of Four". She was named the "Great Flag-carrier of the Proletarian Cu
- Giuseppe Mercalli: Italian priest and volcanologist (d. 1914).
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Blueshirts (NHA) sweep Victoria Capitals (PCHA) in three game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Comin' Thro' the Rye - Nellie Melba
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1914 and get them!