Sunday 19 March 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Genevieve Morel and Leonce Mout.
Hoodoo Ann, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1916 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Genevieve Morel: French actress and comedienne.
- Leonce Mout: French physician, a surgeon found murdered by two bullets in his clinic on 5/18/1988, 5:00 PM, MEDT, Marseille, France.
- Irving Wallace: American writer who, at one time, commanded an estimated worldwide readership of more than 600 million persons and may well have been one of the five most widely read contemporary authors.
- Eric Christmas: English-Canadian actor (d. 2000).
- Vasily Surikov: Russian painter (Born 1848).
- Eight American planes take off in pursuit of Pancho Villa, the first United States air-combat mission in history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Neapolitan Love Song - Reinald Werrenrath
- When I Get Back to the U.S.A. - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?