Monday 19 March 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1928 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Hans Kung: Swiss theologian.
- David Lumsden: English organist and conductor.
- Patrick McGoohan: American-born British actor who was best known for his highly successful TV series roles in "The Prisoner" playing a NATO agent, "Secret Agent," 1961-1965 and "The Prisoner," a 1968 series that ran for 17 weeks.
- Patrick McGoohan in Astoria: New York, USA; actor (Number 6 - The Prisoner, Secret Agent).
- Henri Joannis: Besan?on EXecutives.
- Hans Küng: Swiss theologian and author. Although ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1954, Küng’s controversial liberal views led the Vatican to censure him and ban his teachings in 1979. His publications, which question traditional church doctrine, include "Rechtfertigung: Die Lehre Karl Barths and eine Katholische Besinnung (Justification: The Doctrine of Karl Barth and a Catholic Reflection), 1957, "Existiert Gott? (Does God Exist?)," 1978 and "Ewiges Leben (Eternal Life?)," 1982.
- Amos & Andy debuts on radio (NBC Blue Network-WMAQ Chicago)
- Amos and Andy debuts on radio (NBC Blue Network-WMAQ Chicago).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1928 and get them!