Wednesday 19 March 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Free and Easy, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1930 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Bill Henderson in Chicago: Illinois, USA; jazz singer (Torpedo - "Dreams").
- Ornette Coleman: jazz composer (Downbeat Musician of Year 1966).
- Gualtiero Marchesi: Italian chef.
- Eugene Selznick: American volleyball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Alex Métayer: French humorist, his son Eric is also humorist.
- Denis Bablet: French theorist of the theatre.
- Nakagawa Soen accepted as a student of Katsube Keigaku Roshi
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1930 and get them!