Sunday 19 March 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1933 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Guy Senac: France sport Champion.
- Renee Taylor: American actress.
- Norman King: English admiral (d. 2013).
- Phyllis Newman: American actress and singer.
- Renée Taylor: American actress and screenwriter.
- Richard Williams: Canadian-English animator director and screenwriter
- Gilbert Bozon: French swimmer and Olympic medalist.
- Philip Roth in Newark: New Jersey, USA; novelist (Goodbye Columbus, Portnoy's Complaint).
- Philip Roth: American writer, a novelist and educator who taught at Princeton and at Writer's Workshops. Roth was best known for his outrageous fiction "Goodbye Columbus," winner of a National Book Award for fiction, and "Portnoy's Complaint," 1969.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1933 and get them!