Thursday 19 March 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1942 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Ross Valory: rocker (Journey).
- David Minge: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Minnesota).
- Jeff Neighbour: American bassist (Joy of Cooking).
- Jytte Rex: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for her work.
- José Serra: Brazilian government deputy and minister, possibly a candidate for Brazil's presidency in 2002.
- Rinus Israel:
- Richard Dobson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Heather Robertson: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2014)
- Clinton Hart Merriam: American zoologist (Born 1855).
- FDR orders men between 45 and 64 to register for non military duty
- US President Franklin Roosevelt orders men between 45 and 64 to register for non-military duty.
- Thoroughbred Racing Association of US formed in Chicago, Illinois.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?