Sunday 19 March 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Celli and Myung-Wha Chung.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1944 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Joseph Celli: Composer.
- Myung-Wha Chung: Seoul, South Korea -- Cellist (Chung Sisters).
- Said Musa: North American lawyer, politician and Prime Minister of Belize from 1994.
- Sirhan Sirhan: Israeli assassin violently opposed to Robert Kennedy's support of Israel; he shot him to death on 6/05/1968 in Los Angeles, CA.
- William Hale Thompson: American mayor of Chicago (Born 1869).
- World War II: Nazi forces occupy Hungary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?