Thursday 19 March 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1953 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Hans Rinn: German DR, 2 man lugist (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ian Blair: English police officer.
- Peter Hendy: English businessman.
- Billy Sheehan: American bass player and songwriter (Mr.
- Ricky Wilson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The B-52's) (d. 1985).
- Ricky Wilson in Athens: Georgia, USA; rock guitarist (B-52's - "Rock Lobster", "Love Shack").
- 25th Academy Awards: Greatest Show on Earth, Gary Cooper and Shirley Booth win (first time televised).
- The 25th Academy Awards ceremony is held (the first one broadcast on television).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?