Friday 19 March 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1954 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Charles Pinnell: Horse trainer.
- Indu Shahani: Indian educator.
- Cho Kwang-Rae: South Korean football manager.
- Pierre Falcone: French businessman, the Chairman of Pierson Capital Group with activities in real estate development, transportation infrastructure and oil services in Africa, Latin America and China.
- Herman José: Portuguese-born humorist known mainly in Portugal for his television appearances, he is the son of a Portuguese woman and a German man.
- Jill Abramson: American journalist and author
- Cho Kwang-rae: South Korean footballer coach and manager
- Rashid Nugmanov: Kazakh director producer and screenwriter
- Walter Braunfels: Composer, dies at 71.
- 1st color telecast of a prize fight, Giardello vs. Troy in Madison Square Garden, New York City
- 1st rocket-driven sled on rails was tested in Alamogordo, New Mexico
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Hayes A Jenkins
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Tenley Albright.
- Weekes, Worrell and Walcott complete tons in innings versus England.
- First rocket-driven sled on rails is tested in Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA.
- Joey Giardello knocks out Willie Tory in round seven at Madison Square Garden in the first televised prize boxing fight shown in colour.
- Willie Mosconi sets a world record by running 526 consecutive balls without a miss during a straight pool exhibition at East High Billiard Club in Springfield, Ohio. The record still stands today.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?