Saturday 19 March 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Blackboard Jungle, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1955 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Bruce Willis: American actor, a relatively unknown talent when cast in the TV series "Moonlighting" as a suave, wisecracking detective.
- [Walter] Bruce Willis in PennsGrove: New Jersey, USA; actor (Moonlighting, Die Hard).
- John Burnside: Scottish poet and academic.
- Simon Yam: Hong Kong actor and producer.
- David Greenlee: American actor, entering his craft with extensive stage training at Cal-State.
- Pino Daniele: Italian singer-songwriter, and guitarist, whose influences covered a wide number of genres, including pop, blues, jazz, and Italian and Middle Eastern music.
- KXTV of Stockton, California, signs on the air in the United States, being the 100th commercial television station in this country.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1955 and get them!