Tuesday 19 March 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Our Day Will Come by Ruby and the Romantics.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1963 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1963 and get them!