Wednesday 19 March 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Bergin and Arjan Vermeulen.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1969 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Bergin: Model (Coca Cola) / actor.
- Arjan Vermeulen: soccer player (Vitesse).
- Scott Alexander Brownlee in Hamilton: New Zealand; rowing coxless four men (Olympics-1996).
- Julien Civange: French musician, composer, lyricist and producer.
- Gary Jules: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tuulikki Laesson: Estonian chess player
- Tom McRae: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Connor Trinneer: American actor
- Theodor Schaefer: Composer, dies at 65.
- Chicago 8 indicted in aftermath of Chicago Democratic convention.
- British invade Anguilla.
- The 385 metres (1,263 ft) tall TV-mast at Emley Moor, United Kingdom, collapses due to ice build-up.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?