Friday 19 March 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dalton James and Taase Faumui.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Me And Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taková normální rodinka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1971 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Dalton James: Actor (My Father the Hero, Mark-Beverly Hills 90201).
- Taase Faumui: NFL defensive linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Cory Fleming: NFL wide receiver (Dallas Cowboys).
- Kirk Botkin NFL tight end (New Orleans Saints: Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Louie Debrusk in Cambridge: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Whitney Hedgepeth: 100 metre/200 metre backstroke (Olympics-2 silver-1996).
- Marty Moore: NFL inside linebacker (New England Patriots).
- Sebastien Godefroid: Belgian sailor
- Sebastien Godegroid: Dutch pro sailor, winner of a Silver Medal in the Atlanta Olympics in the Finnish class, 7/29/1996.
- Nadja Auermann: German model and actress
- Sébastien Godefroid: Belgian sailor
- Philadelphia 76ers outscore Cincinnati Royals 90-8 in one half.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?