Monday 19 March 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Michels and Simmone Jade Mackinnon.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Train by The O'Jays.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1973 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- John Michels: NFL tackle (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Simmone Jade Mackinnon: Australian actress.
- Bun B: American Rapper (UGK).
- Brant Bjork: American drummer (Kyuss Vista Chino and Fu Manchu).
- Ashley Giles: English cricketer and coach.
- Dean tells Nixon, There is a cancer growing on the Presidency
- Howard Dean tells US President Richard Nixon, "There is a cancer growing on the Presidency".
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?