Sunday 19 March 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Night Fever by Bee Gees.
In UK Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush was in the top 5 hits.
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1978!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1978 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:19 March
- Gaston Julia: Algerian mathematician, professor at the university and member of the Academicians des Sciences.
- Sally Little wins LPGA Kathryn Crosby / Honda Civic Golf Classic
- 50,000 demonstrate in Amsterdam against neutron bomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Night Fever
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
- Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Barry Manilow - Can't Smile Without You
- Paul Davis - I Go Crazy
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Chic - Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?