Thursday 19 March 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon.
In UK Jealous Guy by Roxy Music was in the top 5 hits.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1981 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Kolo Toure: Ivorian footballer.
- Kim Rae Won: South Korean actor and model.
- Steve Cummings: English cyclist.
- Kim Rae-won: South Korean actor.
- Kolo Touré: Ivorian footballer.
- 2 workers killed in space shuttle Columbia accident
- Buffalo Sabres beat Toronto Maple Leafs 14-4
- Three workers are killed and five injured during a test of the Space Shuttle Columbia.
- Three workers are killed and 5 injured during a test of the Space Shuttle ''Columbia''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 March 1981 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?