Sunday 19 March 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Lamar Traylor and Ben Briley.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dunk or F29 Retaliator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1989 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Craig Lamar Traylor: American actor.
- Ben Briley: American singer.
- Babak Ghorbani: Iranian wrestler (d. 2014).
- Yutaka Kobayashi: Japanese actor.
- Craig Traylor: American actor.
- Boeing B-22 Osprey VTOL aircraft makes maiden flight
- Ice Dance Championship at Paris won by M Klimova and S Ponomarenko (USR)
- Ice Pairs Championship at Paris won by E Gordeeva and S Grinkov (USSR)
- Worlds Ladies Figure Skating Champ in Paris won by Midori Ito (Japan)
- Lori Garbacz wins Circle K LPGA Golf Open Tucson.
- Boeing V-22 Osprey VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) aircraft makes maiden flight.
- The Egyptian Flag is raised on Taba, Egypt announcing the end of the Israeli occupation after the Yom Kippur War in 1973 and the peace negotiations in 1979.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?