Tuesday 19 March 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Children by Robert Miles was in the top 5 hits.
The Birdcage, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Primary Colors by Anonymous (aka Joe Klein) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1996!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1996 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- reunification Sarajevo: Reunification of Sarajevo after the NATO had freed Bosnia.
- Kaiya Jones: Australian actress best known for playing the role of Sophie Ramsay in the Australian soap opera "Neighbours" (2009-2013).
- Madisen Kuhn: Blogger.
- Jackson Guthy: Pop Singer.
- Barbara Haas: Austrian tennis player.
- Winnie Mandela divorces Nelson after 38 years of marriage.
- A barge ruptures as it sails through the Houston Ship Channel, spilling about 16,000 litres of fuel oil, creating an 8km oil slick in Galveston Bay, Texas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
- Joan Osborne - One Of Us
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?