Monday 19 March 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Abdullah .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Philippine Agenda.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All-Pro Football 2K8 or Animal Paradise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 March 2007 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Luther Ingram: American soul singer and songwriter (Born 1937).
- The Marshall Islands declares a state of emergency after thousands of people lack drinking water due to a long drought. The Government despatches boats to outlying islands. (AFP via News Limited)
- In a 2007 Cricket World Cup tie-up, India beats Bermuda by 257 runs the highest margin of victory in the history of One Day Internationals. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper releases a budget forecasting a surplus of C$3.3 billion, and offers tax cuts for families and seniors and increased spending in Ontario and Quebec with the possibility of an election later this year. (Bloomberg)
- People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan starts talks with leadership of the Inter-American Development Bank to include the People's Republic of China as its newest member. This may signal erosion of Taiwan's status in the Latin American and Caribbean region. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The government of Iraq seeks custody of former Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan so he can be hanged at dawn tomorrow after having been recently sentenced to death for his role in killing 148 Shiites in 1982. (Washington Post)
- The Supreme Court of the United States hears ''Morse v. Frederick,'' in which an Alaskan high school student argues free speech rights in connection with his displaying a banner reading ampquotBong Hits 4 Jesusampquot in front of a Juneau high school. (MSNBC)
- The Israeli Ministerial Committee for Symbols and Ceremonies declares the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict a war. (Ynetnews)
- At least 75 miners are dead after a methane gas explosion in the Ulyanovskaya coal mine in the city of Novokuznetsk in the Kemerovo region of Siberia. (Reuters)
- The Airbus 380 makes a publicity flight with Lufthansa to New York and then Chicago. (BBC)
- A suicide bomber attacks a Western convoy in Kabul causing casualties. (Reuters via ABC News Online)
- Six-party talks resume to discuss progress in implementing last month's agreement, with North Korea and the United States having resolved an issue about North Korean funds frozen in a Macau bank. (Bloomberg)
- Steam gained it's most important member to date, John Crotty, now known as James Freeman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?