Thursday 19 March 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
I Love You, Man, directed by John Hamburg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 March 2009 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 March
- Ion Dolanescu: Romanian singer and politician (Born 1944).
- A 7.9-magnitude earthquake occurs and the Hunga Tonga submarine volcano erupts in the Pacific Ocean near Tongatapu, Tonga. (Sky News)
- North Korea detains two American Current TV journalists near its border with China. (BBC)
- The United States House of Representatives votes to levy a 90% tax on executive compensation from companies aided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. (''New York Times'')
- Josef Fritzl of Austria is sentenced to life imprisonment on all charges. (CNN)
- Malagasy political crisis:
- President Andry Rajoelina dissolves Parliament. (AFP)
- The Southern African Development Community meets in Mbabane, Swaziland, to discuss suspending the country's government. (VOA)
- Pope Benedict XVI leads a Roman Catholic Mass in Yaoundé, Cameroon. (BBC)
- Namibia declares a state of emergency after floods kill 92 people and render 25,000 homeless. (BBC)
- The Civil and Public Services Union protests against Ireland's government. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?