Tuesday 19 May 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Jungle, directed by George Irving, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1914 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Maurice Pilorge: French criminal, a murderer and robber who was sentenced to death and executed.
- Alex Shibicky: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2005).
- John Vachon: American photographer and journalist (d. 1975).
- Guy Perdoncini: Nice physician.
- Max Perutz: British biochemist, co-recipient of the 1962 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his X-ray diffraction analysis of the structure of hemoglobin, the protein that transports oxygen from the lungs to the tissues via blood cells.
- Go Seigen: Japanese Go player
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?