Monday 19 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1930 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Hans Kox: Composer.
- Jean-Louis CléMent: Vanves Journalist.
- Eugene Genovese: American historian and author (d. 2012).
- Lorraine Hansberry: American playwright, the author of "A Raisin in the Sun," the first play by a black woman to be produced on Broadway, running for 19 months.
- White woman win voting rights in South Africa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?