Tuesday 19 May 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Davidson and Ruben Radica.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1931 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Eric Davidson: Comedy scriptwriter.
- Ruben Radica: Composer.
- Eric Tappy: Swiss tenor.
- Bob Anderson: English race car driver (d. 1967).
- Éric Tappy: Swiss tenor and actor.
- Ironclad cruiser Germany launched in Kiel
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?