Friday 19 May 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1939 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Livio Berruti: .
- Francis Scobee: American astronaut, a former USAF pilot who flew combat missions in Vietnam.
- James Fox: London, England -- Actor (Greystoke).
- Nancy Kwan: Hong Kong-American actress and makeup artist.
- Jānis Lūsis: Latvian javelin thrower and coach.
- Dick Scobee: American colonel pilot and astronaut (d. 1986)
- Carole Saline: American journalist, senior magazine editor and talk show hostess on TV. She had a successful and somewhat serendipitous career in communications that included lecturing and co-authoring a self-help book. Married with two children, she stayed home for ten years and wrote articles for top magazines. She is a slender talented, attractive and optimistic woman.
- John Mascotte: American executive and CEO in charge of Continental Corporation, a property-casualty underwriting company that went through some difficult times in the 80's. Mascotte has a BS in Accounting, a BA in Philosophy and a LLB degree and is known for being a dynamic boss.
- 17th Earl of Pembroke: English landowner / director (Emily)
- Francis R Scobee in Cle Elum: Washington, USA; Air Force/astronaut (STS 41C, 51L-Challenger disaster).
- Richard Lowe Teitelbaum: Composer
- Tomasz Sikorski: Composer
- Churchill signs British-Russian anti-Nazi pact
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?