Monday 19 May 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Hoffa Jr and Marc-Antonio Consoli.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1941 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Jimmy Hoffa Jr: Son of Jimmy Hoffa / Teamster union leader.
- Marc-Antonio Consoli: Composer.
- Nora Ephron in New York City: New York, USA; novelist/screenwriter/director (Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Michael, Heartburn).
- Bobby Burgess: American dancer, child star on Walt Disney's Mouseketeers and as an adult talented dancer on The Lawrence Welk Show.
- Nora Ephron: American filmmaker, director, producer, screenwriter, novelist, playwright, journalist, author, and blogger.
- Jane Brody: American writer and columnist, a general reporter for two years and science writer for the New York Times for 11 years; author of seven books including "Jane Brody’s Good Food Book." For years, she nudged Americans into diet and health consciousness and is credited with raising the U.S. awareness on diet and lifestyle and its influence on health. She easily translated technical medical material into language that could be understood by the average reader. Brody began writing a personal health co
- Jocelyne Taillon: French singer, a concert and opera soprano, who won 1st prize at the Singing Competition of Monte Carlo in 1966.
- Igor Judge: Baron Judge Maltese-English lawyer and judge Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales
- Tania Mallet: English model and actress
- Germany occupiers in Holland forbid bicycle taxis
- New Nazi battleship Bismarck leaves Gdynia, Poland
- The Viet Minh is formed in Vietnam to overthrow the French Army in the nation.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?