Friday 19 May 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Noir and Marina Yaguello.
Mr. Skeffington, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1944 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Michel Noir: French executive, commercial director for a branch of the Péchiney group; Marketing and human relations Consultant, 1972-78; National Secretary of RPR party, 1979-'89, Deputy of the Rhone and Minister of External Commerce.
- Marina Yaguello: French linguist, a professor emeritus at the University of Paris VII.
- Peter Mayhew: British-American actor.
- 240 gypsies transported to Auschwitz from Westerbork Netherlands.
- German defense line in Italy collapses.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Swinging On A Star
- Long Ago (And Far Away) - Jo Stafford
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Ella Mae Morse
- I'll Walk Alone - Louis Prima
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?