Tuesday 19 May 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
It Came from Outer Space, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1953 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Shavarsh Karapetyan: Armenian finswimmer.
- Dawud M Mu'Min: American convicted murderer (d. 1997).
- Patrick Hodge: Lord Hodge Scottish lawyer and judge.
- Florin Marin: Romanian footballer and manager.
- Dawud Mu'Min: American murderer (d. 1997).
- Jimmy Thackery: American singer and guitarist (The Nighthawks)
- Victoria Wood: English actress singer director and screenwriter
- Henry Lascelles: English grandson of princess Mary.
- Damasco Berenguer y Fuste: Spanish general/minister of War, dies at age 79.
- Nuclear explosion in Nevada (fall-out in Saint George, Utah).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?