Saturday 19 May 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1956 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Althea Gwyn: Women's Professional Basketball League center (New York Stars).
- Steven Ford in East Grand Rapids: Michigan, USA; actor (When Harry Met Sally, The Young and the Restless) / son of President Gerald Ford.
- Ramona Dell'Abate: Italian TV presenter.
- Steven Ford: American noted family, third and most visible son of Betty and Gerald Ford.
- Oliver Letwin: English philosopher and politician Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
- Martyn Ware: English keyboard player songwriter and producer (The Human League and Heaven 17)
- Pirate Dale Long hits 9th-inning HR, 1st HR in 8 straight games
- 82nd Preakness: Bill Hartack aboard Fabius wins in 1:58.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?