Sunday 19 May 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1957 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Sophia Crawford: London, England -- Actress (Power Rangers).
- Bill Laimbeer: NBA forward (Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons).
- William Laimbeer: American athlete, a forward with the NBA Detroit Pistons from 1982-1993.
- Adone Zoli forms Italian Government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?