Thursday 19 May 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1960 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
Famous Birthdays:19 May
- DJ Alan Freed is accused of bribery in radio payola scandal
- USAF Maj Robert M White takes X-15 to 33,222 m
- Belgian parliament requires rest day for self-employed.
- Juan Marichal debuts as San Francisco Giants' pitcher, beats Philadelphia Phillies on one-hitter.
- Alan Freed and eight other disk jockeys accused of taking radio payola.
- US Air Force Major Robert M White takes X-15 to 33,222m.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?