Saturday 19 May 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1962 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Iain Harvie: Scottish rock guitarist (Nothing Ever Happens).
- Bravo, Giovanni opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 76 performances
- John Birch Society, by Chad Mitchell Trio hits #99
- US performs nuclear test at Christmas Island (atmospheric).
- 88th Preakness: John Rotz aboard Greek Money wins in 1:56.2.
- Indonesian paratroopers land in New Guinea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Burl Ives - Funny Way Of Laughin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?