Monday 19 May 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Cowboy, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1969 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Philippe Bengala: French racehorse trainer.
- Cecile Ulbrich Tucker in Warren: Maine, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- David Wharton in Warminster: Pennsylvania, USA; American Olympic swimmer (Olympics-silver-1988).
- Richard Dumas: NBA forward (Philadelphia 76ers).
- Kevin Scott: WLAF cornerback (Scotland Claymores).
- Coleman Hawkins, American jazz saxophonist (Born 1901)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Beatles - Get Back
- The Cowsills - Hair
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Donovan - Atlantis
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
- Ray Stevens - Gitarzan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?