Thursday 19 May 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Dance by David Bowie.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, directed by Richard Marquand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1983 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Eve Angel: Hungarian porn actress and model.
- Michael Che: American comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Jessica Fox: English actress.
- Jean Rey: French military officer in World War II, an aviator awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Weird Al Yankovic gives live performance at Wax Museum in Washington DC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?