Friday 19 May 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
X-Men: The Last Stand, directed by Brett Ratner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 May 2006 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 May
- 2006 Iranian sumptuary law controversy:
- The Canadian ''National Post'' reports that certain ampquotIranian expatriates living in Canadaampquot are claiming that the Iranian parliament has passed a law that would require the country's non-Muslim religious minorities to wear distinctive markings: yellow ribbons for Jews, red for Christians and blue for Zoroastrians. After great controversy, the ''National Post'' retracts its original report. (Jerusalem Post)
- The United States Senate votes on an amendment to an immigration reform bill which would ''ampquot... declare English as the national language of the United Statesampquot'', giving English an increased ''de jure'' capacity (in addition to a ''de facto'' one) as the official language within the country. The bill, S. 2611, has yet to be voted on in the Senate. (U.S. Senate)
- A riot takes place at the United States prison camp at Guantánamo Bay in Cuba after several inmates attempted suicide. (Toronto Star)
- The case of Khaled el-Masri, who says he was abducted and tortured by the CIA because he was mistaken for another person, is dismissed by a district court in Alexandria, Virginia, as it would be a ampquotgrave riskampquot of damage to U.S. national security by exposing government secrets. The court rules that if the claims are true he ampquotdeserves a remedyampquot but this cannot be found in the court. (Washington Post)
- Fijian opposition (Labour) led by Mahendra Chaudhry decides to join Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase's United Fiji Party to form a multi-party multi-ethnic cabinet. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?