Saturday 19 November 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Tarantula, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1955 ?
- Gloria Guida: Italian actress and model, most famous for starring in the commedia erotica all'italiana, particularly "La liceale" series and also in erotic coming-of-age-drama films in the mid-1970s.
- Bill Buttner: Plymouth, Massachusetts -- Nike golfer (1989 Centel Classic-4th).
- Sam Hamm: American screenwriter and producer.
- KXMB TV channel 12 in Bismarck, ND (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- National Review publishes its first issue.
- C. Northcote Parkinson first propounds 'Parkinson's Law', in ''The Economist''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?