Saturday 19 November 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Buttner and Gloria Guida.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Tarantula, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1955 ?
- Bill Buttner: Plymouth, Massachusetts -- Nike golfer (1989 Centel Classic-4th).
- Gloria Guida: Italian actress and model, most famous for starring in the commedia erotica all'italiana, particularly "La liceale" series and also in erotic coming-of-age-drama films in the mid-1970s.
- Sam Hamm: American screenwriter and producer.
- KXMB TV channel 12 in Bismarck, ND (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- National Review publishes its first issue.
- C. Northcote Parkinson first propounds 'Parkinson's Law', in ''The Economist''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?