Thursday 19 November 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mr. Blue by The Fleetwoods.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1959 ?
- Jean-Francois Clervoy: Longeville, France -- Astronaut (STS 66, 84).
- Allison Janney: American actress, winner of an Emmy in September 2000 for her role as the White House strong, dedicated press secretary in the hit TV series "West Wing.
- Philippe Brett: French political figure, an aide of French parliamentarian Didier Julia.
- Rocky & His Friends debuts on ABC
- Ford cancels the Edsel automobile.
- The Ford Motor Company announces the discontinuation of the unpopular Edsel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?