Friday 19 October 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1900 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Andre Behoteguy: France sport Champion.
- Theodoro Valcarcel: Composer.
- Erna Berger: German coloratura lyric soprano, and opera singer and interpreter of German lieder.
- Bill Ponsford: Australian cricketer and baseball player (d. 1991).
- Roy Worters: Canadian ice hockey goaltender (d. 1957).
- Henry O Tanner, painter, wins Medal of Honor at Paris Exposition
- S African President Paul Kruger departs for Europe
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?