Wednesday 19 October 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1910 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Shunkichi Hamada: Japanese field hockey player (d. 2009).
- Paul Robert: French lexicographer and publisher (d. 1980).
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar: Indian-American astrophysicist who, with William A. Fowler, won the 1983 Nobel Prize for Physics for key discoveries that led to the currently accepted theory on the later evolutionary stages of massive stars.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Angel Eyes - Billy Murray & Elida Morris
- The Blarney Stone - Harry Lauder
- Big Bass Viol - Peerless Quartet
- See the Pale Moon - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?