Thursday 19 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Lewis and Karl-Birger Blomdahl.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1916 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- David Lewis: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Edward Quartermaine- General Hospital).
- Karl-Birger Blomdahl: Sweden -- Opera composer (Herr von Hancken).
- Toby Rowland: Theatrical manager.
- José Charlet: French artist, an architect and painter.
- Jean Dausset: French scientist; physician who shared the Nobel Prize with two others for their work on antigens, 1980.
- Emil Gilels: Soviet pianist. He is widely considered one of the greatest pianists of the twentieth century.
- Minoru Yasui: American soldier lawyer and activist (d. 1986)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?