Saturday 19 October 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1918 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Russel Kirk: American author and political theorist (d. 1994).
- Jan Pronk: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Charles Evans: English-Welsh mountaineer surgeon and educator (d. 1995).
- Russell Kirk: American theorist and author (d. 1994).
- Robert Strauss: American lawyer and diplomat United States Ambassador to Russia (d. 2014).
- Fiorenzo Carpi: Italian musician, film music composer, composer of music for films since french film "zazie dans le metro" 1960.
- Louis Althusser: French philosopher (For Marx, Strangled His Wife)
- Robert Charles Evans: Mountaineer / doctor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Over There - Enrico Caruso
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?