Thursday 19 October 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1933 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Wilfried Dietrich: German FR, super-heavyweight (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Brian Booth: Australian cricketer and educator.
- Anthony Skingsley: English air marshal.
- Berlin Olympic Committee votes to introduce basketball in 1936.
- Germany withdraws from the League of Nations.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?