Wednesday 19 October 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1955 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- LaSalle Ishii: Japanese actor and director.
- Pat Klous in Hutchinson: Kansas, USA; actress (Marcy - Flying High, Judy - The Love Boat).
- Melpo Kosti: Greek actress.
- Pat Klous: Hutchinson, Kansas -- Actress (Marcy-Flying High, Judy-Love Boat).
- Dan Gutman: Children's Author.
- Lonnie Shelton NBA forward (New York Knick: Seattle Supersonics).
- John Hodiak: American actor in radio and film who first worked as a radio actor in Chicago before landing a contract with MGM.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?