Friday 19 October 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nino DeFranco and Charlene Gallego.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the 77th Bengal Lancers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1956 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Nino DeFranco: Rocker (DeFranco Family).
- Charlene Gallego: American homicide; with her husband, Gerald, known as the rarest of criminals, the husband-and-wife homicide team.
- Roberta Manfredi: Italian noted family, the daughter of Nino Manfredi.
- Sunny Deol: Movie Actor.
- Steve Doocy: American journalist and author.
- Elena Garanina: Soviet ice dancer and coach
- Grover Norquist: American activist founded Americans for Tax Reform
- Didier Theys: Belgian race car driver and coach
- Carlo Urbani: Italian physician (d. 1993)
- Bruce Weber: American basketball player and coach
- Isham Jones: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 1956).
- The Soviet Union and Japan sign a Joint Declaration, officially ending the state of war between the two countries that had existed since August 1945.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?